Thursday, September 20, 2012

September Month is Spring

...and being Spring, I decided it was time for a spring clean. My daughters bedroom was my target. Cautiously I entered. I try not to go that way too often as I find it more than a little destressing..if I am a hoarder, then am not sure what you would call my mini me. Lets just say, for the sake of propriety, that 1 FULL black bag later, and one FULL orange bag later, and by later i mean four HOURS later, I had everything under control.

Then as change is as good as a holiday, I decided to send her overseas.....I moved the antique wrought iron bed to centre position, to which she proclaimed "Yay! Now I CAN get out on the wrong side of the bed!" (Not so sure I liked the sound of that), and then tried to fit her furniture around that move. I think it worked pretty well. I took the bright pink, heart covered mozzie net down, and that left SO MUCH wall space exposed - HEAVEN! So the next day I started on a button and fabric picture....

 
not satisfied with only HALF depletign my button stock, I also did this...
 
 
and then found these beautiful Clare Dreams wall plaques from Bella Interiors..aren't they just beautiful? I wish I could afford the original artworks, maybe for Christmas...but these are so lovely...


I think the move was quite successful, and by doing quality control every morning and evening, we have managed to keep it pretty tidy...


see how much wall space there is to FILL UP?! have some plans...watch that space...

 
also started mosaicing her bedside table that she had ruined with nail polish and scribbles...
 
 
the ice-cream cone is one she had prepared earlier at Inky's - during a mom and daughter afternoon.
 
So, all in all, a good weekend of crafting. And now I am planning a new quilt to go with the changes....
 
 
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxooxox
 
PS Finished a friends baby quilt last night..will post pics next week AFTER I have given it to her x

No comments:

Post a Comment