Saturday, June 30, 2012

Week 43

WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!
I have FINALLY dyed my own fabrics! This is something I have wanted to do for a very long time, especially since my foray into the art quilting side where hand dyeds are the best thing to work with. The depth of colour and shades, and oooooohhhhhh just love hand dyed fabric!

I could have started playing, but i am such a "course dependent" type person that I like to be shown something, at least just a little in order to give it a go. I wish I were more like my good friend J, she just leaps right in and her creativity knows no bounds. She is the most inspirational, give it a go and see what happens person I know and I don't know what she gets from working alongside me, but for me, she teaches me to let go, don't be scared, just jump! And look what we produced together yesterday:


The Quilt Indaba, hosted by Grass Root Quilters Guild, is held every two years I think? They always have classes for beginners, and advanced quilters, as well as a dyeing course or two. Helga Beaumonts class yesterday, was fabulous. We mixed up 15 different dye colours, and dyed fabric, lace, scrim and threads. To edn up with 30 fabrics, 15 dark and 15 lighter, as well as experimented with different dyeing techniques. J and I had a great day! After work today, I rinsed, washed and ironed my fabrics. Have a look at how pretty they are:






too much of lovliness!

So happy to share these beautiful vibrant fabrics with you. Now I really need to go to sleep as my head is buzzing with ideas of where to use them...and how I must go and buy some soda ash tomorrow!

xoxoxoxooxoxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment