Sunday, August 12, 2012

week 49

first, i must confess, nothing actually "new" nor not tried before this week.

BUT, and its a big but, for those of you who know me well....I have had a bumper long weekend of finishing. Yes, i said the swear word, "finishing".

Thursday, I was at a lose end, nana took the kids for the afternoon, and the house fell silent. husband was busy modelling (the tank version, not tanktop version) and i couldn't get a grip on starting something "new".

I looked around my art space.

quilts piled up. unfinished objects. lots of them. so i began. to Finish.

1. stitched on binding for the first proper quilt i ever made (8 years ago) see what i mean about being bad at Finishing?
2. stitched on binding of second quilt i ever made (also 8 years ago)
3. finished stitching and quilting my friends baby quilt - my something new here could be the hand quilting, which i have only ever done on wall hangings before, and not on quilt quilts.
4. finished stitching, bordering, and started quilting my houses quilt ( started in Stellenbosch over a  year ago)
5. nearly finished knitting my left hand wrist warmer that I started in week 48
6. added to my rapidly growing pile of hexagons
7. stitched a second row of my secret applique project - all will be revealed

SO. A round of applause. For starting to Finish.

house quilt bordered and pinned...











Hexagon pile grows....



i am feeling very satisfied, and strangely enough inspired again! inspired to start something NEW. all this finishing, it is rewarding and the prize is i don't need to feel guilty starting afresh. do i?!





No comments:

Post a Comment