Friday, May 11, 2012

more week 36

more week 36...am typing this stretching around my sewing machine..inspiration has struck, its friday afternoon, the light outside is gorgeous and i need to share my scrap quilt with you....
it never started well at all, i thought i would dive into my scraps, being on a tight budget and all, but things never quite got under way. so i started sorting my scraps into colour. still not working. last night I started sorting prints and solids per colour, as there was something not quite right with my scrappy quilt. yes i want a scrappy look, but i also want it to look great and funky.

here is how it started...



and here I have removed the offensive blocks with too much print...



and here it is with more solid colours, tone on tones and dotty spotty prints. doesn't it look better? more rounded and together, and strangely enough, has more depth? I think so too so will continue in this vein until i have seriously whittled down my scrap pile. Which is right now a very pretty, co-ordinated, ironed and folded, sorted into piles pile.



..now isn't that much better? so MUCH happier with it. but now i have quite a few little orphaned blocks that I will have to make a "printy" scrappy quilt with for the kids camping trips!

tomorrow, if i get a little time to me, I shall photograph my pretty scrap piles...

and oooohhh so excited, my books have been posted and i should hopefully scurry to the post office next week to collect. Can't wait...






No comments:

Post a Comment