Monday, May 28, 2012

week 38: for my husband

my husband is very supportive in all my crafty endeavours, crusades and conquests. he has been dragged around numerous shops, craft markets, exhibitions here and abroad and is begged to look for yarn, fabric, magazines on his business trips to spain, germany and england. poor man, i will never forget the first time i decided to take my sewing machine over to his place. he merrily went off to gym with his mate,  masses of testosterone in attendance, and knowing they would be gone for three hours, i spread myself across his dining room table. actually had i laid MYSELF across his table, he may well have been pleased but as it was it was my sewing machine, pins, cottons, fabrics and patterns spread out. he didn't recognise his bachelor pad and for a couple of hours I was nervous about where our relationship was heading. but clearly, he got over that, and 14 years on, he kinda expects my stuff to be everywhere.

so, when i saw the union jack block in my new, drooled over, delicious modern quilt blocks book, i showed him. and yes, its the first time he truly "ordered" a quilt. So dahling, this ones for you...week 38: just jack from modern blocks compiled by susanne woods -



and you will never guess what i found for the backing?! its a curtaining, but was told it is 100% cotton, but even if its not, i had to have it, i heart it, and this will be the back of my englishman's quilt....




also this week, I am busy with another of these wonderful modern blocks - this one is called pinball machine in the book...i am currently hand quilting it, and having tremendous fun, so TA DAHHHHH week 38: pinball block nearly done.





I have also added to my scrappy quilt, am pleased with the colours so far...



(and my peeka cat tried to slot himself into a compartment of my sorted scraps box...)



AND to top it all off, I finally completed my boy's dinosaur quilt....handstitched the binding last night, then covered him up as he lay sleeping....so thats this months UFO completed.



Signing off,
a very SMUG me.
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment