Thursday, May 10, 2012

weeks 33-36 and MUMPS

Mumps. A swearword in our house. I couldn't believe it when the doctor told me it was what my son had. Off school for a week. When I got it, I believed it. Boy was it sore. Gives new meaning to lady lumps. Off work for a week. Now the other E has it. Off school for a week. We are heading into week four of Mumps. The Mumpheads we shall henceforth be known as.

In between Mumps, and Birthdays, and belated Birthdays due to Mumps and long weekend in the van, I have managed to be fairly productive...

Week 33: Having sorted said scraps, decided to try scrappy triangles....from Crazy Moms Quilting blog...am also eagerly awaiting her book, Sunday Morning Books...ordered from Loot. Can't wait to sneak off to the post box and retrieve my book. then spend many minutes and a cup of tea smooching over the beautiful quilts.


Start with a template, for paper piecing.


Randomly sew scraps to it. I found out pretty quickly that scraps and random, however jolly sounding, do not have a good relationship. Crazy Moms Quilting blogger has decidedly matching scraps, of the same tone, value and print style. My haphazzard piecing looks...haphazzard. So sorting scraps by colour alone is not good enough, one needs to sort by "style" of print. Little important note to self made.



Week 34: scrap basket made with....yes, you got it first time..scraps!


Week 35: Bodum Cover because the next best thing to bodum coffee is HOT, PRETTY Bodum coffee! this wool is called Spice, found in a little habby and wool shop in Ballito.


this is a special gift for a special friend, so shall be making another for us. this bodum is about 4 cups, and i cast on 60 stitches, knitted four rows rib (k2 p2) top and bottom. The loops are crocheted on.

Week 36: Wow I am ahead of myself, week 36 starts Sunday, so whooohoooo! This took me a day to make, on and off. Was such happy yummy colourful fun. Thanks to Attic 24 and Lucy. Pop along there for the tutorial, and leave her a wool stash donation


well, thats it for now folks! am working on some pretty knitted cotton bunting for the van. Will show you in week 37 xoxoxoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment