Monday, May 21, 2012

week 37: inspiration strikes

after a few weeks of wondering if i really REALLY needed to put myself through this challenge, inspiration has struck. In the form of two books. The first is my mothers day gift, Sunday Morning Quilts. The second is the book Modern Quilt Blocks. These two precious books, are going to keep me going through some tough times!

Sunday Morning Quilts is all about using those scraps...brilliant! No need to spend money on more fabric. Have a look at how my pure scrap quilt is shaping up...


my good friend received her birthday gifts this weekend. so they have made their way to their rightful owner...problem is I never thought for a minute she was a reader of my blog, so having happily posted her gifts up online, I thought my suprise was safe....nope, she mentioned to me she loves my blog, and oh dear...confirmed when i gave her the gifts that she had seen them online! Lesson learned: if you have a blog, your friends may actually read it!

i had promised to show you my bunting, but oh oh, have been side tracked by these books....look here....



i devoured these books, read them from cover to cover, and kept sneaking away to gaze at the pages full of inspiration.... so expect a few modern blocks over the next few weeks.

Here is the first of my modern block phase, a union jack, a must make given my english husband, who on seeing the mini sample, now wants a full size quilt of just jacks...


i just cannot decide whether to use all my scraps, producting jacks of all colours, and tones, or to stick to red and blue jacks? Here is the traditional red and blue, and then a green and pink...


whoops - better get better at matching up the lines! The first jack now resides on my shopping bag..


the pink green one just pinned on for comparison.
So week 37: just jack paper pieced block done and dusted. Now for the larger version quilt, where the blocks will be 12 x 12 inches. these small blocks were about 6".
Oh, and some blocks added to my scrap quilt.
See you next week, prepare yourself for some more blocks...or maybe the bunting will win over next weeks Ta Dah.


couldn't resist this scrap..perfect for a new blanket for my little wooden cow......you will just wait and see where the creative juices head.....

xoxo over and out. Chantal.






No comments:

Post a Comment